- Promote best practice in the virtual assistant industry;
- create industry wide VA standards; and
- Help UK VAs find clients.
As part of this we run a FREE listing for all VAs who abide by the following rules.
More information on how to comply can be found on the links below. All these conditions must be met BEFORE applying.
VAs wanting to be an approved SVA member should comply with the following VA Standards:
- Have professional email addresses. These must be domain specific and no @email@example.com.
- Back up data securely off site.
- Answer phone calls or emails received within office hours next working day. Or to have an answerphone or autoresponder giving further information about when you will respond to the query.
- Be professional. Only take on tasks which you are fully capable of completing and have suitable professional indemnity insurance. Should not offer paid training/mentoring for other VAs without being listed as an Approved VA Trainer with SVA and proving they have appropriate experience.
- Be based in the UK. We do not list offshore VAs.
- Be ICO registered. Have data controller registration via Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Contribute. Have contributed to the industry by interacting with our forums, facebook pages or in another demonstrable way.
- Link. You must link back to our website.
* if relevant to your business – this might include collecting data via Google Analytics, using WordPress, hosting comments on a blog or collecting email addresses. If you don’t use these things, you can tick the box as you comply by not using these tools.
SVA reserve the right to remove any virtual assistant and ask that you link back to our site (include approved logos from application page). If you comply with all of the above, please fill in the form below. Please note: we will do random checks.
By signing up, you will receive email alerts on any relevant jobs, and your details will be listed publicly on the FIND A VA page. If you wish to unsubscribe from emails or change your listing at any time, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org