Approved UK Virtual Assistant Trainers
Should you have a complaint about a course, and have not been able to resolve it with the trainer, please email email@example.com showing proof that the trainer has not complied with our free listing terms and we'll be happy to remove their listing from the site. SVA does not receive any payments either for listing VA courses or for referring people to the courses.
If you would like to apply to be listed as a trainer, please read our WHITE PAPER to check you comply and then fill in the form here. NB: New applications are processed on Fridays, so please be patient.
Please note: The trainers featured link to external sites and SVA does not hold any responsibility for the materials contained therein.
We are happy to recommend the following Virtual Assistant training courses and resources. These trainers have agreed to abide by the following best practice rules whilst providing training resources.
- Experience - should have 5 years being a VA before offering training themselves OR worked with at least 20 different clients, over at least 3 different industries, offering at least 3 different skill sets as a VA (not as an employee). Should have at least 5 years' experience of training other people (as a VA or as an employee) OR a recognised teaching qualification.
- Marketing Ability - should be able to demonstrate at least 10 different ways to attract VA clients effectively.
- Confidentiality - should be registered as a Data Controller. Any group coaching sessions should also have a privacy disclaimer at the beginning and get agreement from all parties before commencing.
- Accuracy - Marketing materials should show the source of any data quoted. Marketing materials should include what VAs will require to complete the course (time/resources/pre-existing skills/commitment).
- Complaints Procedure - Should have a written complaints procedure in place which is publicly displayed.
- Integrity - Recognise intellectual propertylaw (and not encourageplagiarising marketing materialsor software piracy etc.) Illustrates #CollaborationNotCompetition in their business.
- Legal - Should understand the legal responsibilities of running a business - including Distance Selling Regulations, PECR, GDPR, MLR, employment law, contract law and reasons for/against being a limited company as a VA.
- CPD - Coaches should commit to continuing professional development (CPD) themselves - either formal or informal training of at least 10 hours per year - and will also make sure they engage with latest industry research such as UK VA Survey, small business statistics etc.
- Insurance - Coaches will have the appropriate professional indemnity insurance to cover their coaching work.
Virtual Miss Friday
The Freelancer 'Kick-Start' guides you through a complete DIY process of setting up your Freelance or Virtual Assistant Service Business, fast and on a tiny budget too – this is really for you if you’re considering starting a virtual business and you're beginning with very little (to no) knowledge at all, you're not quite ready to commit full time, you're low on start-up funds or you want to build a foundation prior to investing into a scalable online service business.
Whilst Michelle is based abroad, she started in the UK and her course is suitable for UK VAs.
The VA Handbook
Create a working life you love that fits around your family and works for YOU for a change by setting up and running your own Virtual Assistant business.
All my knowledge and experience (as well as my heart and soul) has gone into this DIY course which covers everything you need to set up and run a successful business.
About the course:
VACT offer a variety of training opportunities both free and paid aimed at those wanting to start out in the industry through to those looking for professional development and wanting to grow.
Our most popular course is the VA Mastery Course, an in-depth, DIY Virtual Assistant training course, designed with the individual in mind. By the end of the modules, you will have “The VA Knowledge – Your Business Bible” which will act as a resource for you for years to come.