Here are five ideas which you can work on today, Marketing Friday, to get more business next week.
- Volunteer to help a local community group with their admin.
- Make sure your SEO is great (for free!) with WebCEO. www.webceo.com
- Design and build your own website with WordPress or Blogger as a first step. You can add in customised domains to make it more professional, but this is a great way of getting online without spending lots of money.
- Update your site regularly with updates so the web crawlers find fresh content which automatically refreshes you in their listings. We recommend at least once per week for a start-up.
- Build a blog into your site. I was a bit sceptical about these, but generally they “talk” to your customers, let them find out a bit more about you, can act as newsletters, increase SEO by updating your site and driving traffic, and provide a quick and easy way to update your content. Remember don’t use a free blogging tool which is hosted externally – in order for the SEO benefits the blog needs to be hosted on your domain.
Natasha McCann, Admin Experts Online, http://www.adminexpertsonline.co.uk