About the Society of Virtual Assistants
The Society of Virtual Assistants (SVA) was formed in 2005 to:
- Raise the general awareness of virtual assistants to the UK business community and press
- Provide a searchable database for clients looking for a virtual assistant with specific skills
- Act as a resource base for member virtual assistants
- Encourage virtual assistants to share their experiences using our discussion forum and blog
- Promote higher standards within the virtual assistant community
- Help to provide UK-based VAs with relevant publications (US ones are not always appropriate)
- Support virtual assistant development
- Where possible, provide a presence at exhibitions
It is run by volunteers, headed by Caroline Wylie, a virtual assistant since 2004 whose company www.virtuallysorted.com works with clients and VAs all over the UK. Its mission is to help UK Virtual Assistants and their clients.
For UK Virtual Assistants
Membership is FREE and open to virtual assistants based in the UK. We offer free advice, a forum, discounted products and services and a number of best practice guides.
Using the site couldn't be simpler, navigate using the categories on the right-hand side of the screen to find information on a wide variety of subjects which VAs have asked us for.
We're always looking for new members and people to help SVA help virtual assistants - look on our Join Us page for more information.
For Virtual Assistant Clients
For clients, we can help find you the right UK virtual assistant for your business.
Virtual assistants cover a wide spectrum of skills from copy typing and database management through to more specialised services such as web design and translation. For further explanation of what a virtual assistant is, click here. There are many benefits to be gained by using a virtual assistant, chiefly cost and continuity. Using a virtual assistant to help with time-consuming administrative tasks will free up your valuable time and allow you to become more productive.
You will find this information under "Hiring A VA (For Clients)" category on the main menu.
Our full policy can be accessed here: https://www.societyofvirtualassistants.co.uk/privacy-policy/
SVA is happy to link with people who can help UK virtual assistants - for more information please contact email@example.com
With over 2,000 members we believe we're the largest organisation of VAs in the UK, and were shortlisted down to the final Top 10 Digital/tech blogs in the UK Blog Awards 2014.