I just wanted to say a great big thank you for donating to the Society of Virtual Assistants. Whether you have made a donation, given your time or shared our posts and materials, you have made a big difference, and I am very grateful for your support.
We get emails all the time about how useful the SVA is to UK virtual assistants - if they need info on a particular problem, or just to gauge how other virtual assistants are finding the market at the moment, the SVA is the first place they go to. And it's free... But this is why it's free:
I feel very strongly that ALL virtual assistants should be able to get the help they need to delight their clients and reflect well on the industry as a whole.
It is expensive keeping it free - there are hosting fees, software fees, time spent on the administration of the organisation, the administration of new members and events, the annual UK VA Survey, not to mention website updating and newsletters.
Your donation/purchase goes towards keeping it free and making it better for all UK virtual assistants.
Society Of Virtual Assistant projects this year:
- Redeveloping the SVA website.
- Setting up a Discord server for SVA Members
- Updating the directory of approved VAs for clients
- Reorganising the way the SVA is run and setting back up as a CIC.
- Promoting the UK Virtual Assistant Awards
- Collecting and collating responses for the UK VA Survey
- Looking at the Approved Trainers Scheme and updating it with help from trainers in the industry.
- HMRC campaigning so they continue to understand how UK VAs work, particularly with regards to IR35 regulations.
- GDPR compliance guidance
- Sponsoring, attending, supporting and having a presence at UK VA Conferences and industry events around the UK to speak to as many VAs as possible.
- Collaboration Not Competition - welcoming ALL UK VAs, regardless of their business set up or bank balance!
Should you have any queries, please get in touch with me on [email protected]