I’ve had a fair few emails recently from newbies asking why they can’t sign up and get straight on the SVA directory… Well here’s why:
When we started SVA, we did it with the collaboration of a number of VAs, and our strength has always come from sharing our experiences, joining together and working with (not against) one another.
Joining just to get listed on the FIND A VA page goes against the ethos of SVA and we had a lot of people doing just that then not contributing anything to the industry at all – that’s not what we wanted, so our delay in allowing people to apply is so they get to know a little bit about how SVA works so they understand that unique spirit of collaboration.
So as a newbie here’s our best advice:
- Join in and get to know some of the VAs – post on the forum, join the Facebook groups, etc.
- You will get an invite to join, keep an eye on your email!
- Meantime you are very welcome to use the community logos and link with us.
- Make sure you comply with all our rules for approved members – you will be asked to certify this before being activated on the site.
- Be patient – the list is managed by volunteers who usually update once per week, so making sure you fill in all data straight away will minimise delays.