- Produce a colourful, tri-fold marketing leaflet, describing your business, to hand out at networking meetings and always keep a few in your handbag or briefcase along with your business cards.
- When handing a business card/leaflet to someone give it with both hands, as though it were a gift – it is!
- Volunteer to write a business column or contribute to a local newspaper or magazine.
- Become a great source of information for your clients – I often have clients phoning me up for really random things but I’m often able to put them in touch with just the right person – so when they hear of someone needing my services, I’m front of their mind!!!
- Offer a free trial. A lot of people aren’t sure how the service will work; offering them a free trial takes the risk away and may even encourage them to tell their friends about the service.
← Top tips for Outsourcing: Test Your Virtual AssistantMarketing Friday: More ideas to help you succeed as a Virtual Assistant →