We’ve noticed there are quite a few “facebook page builder/sitebuilder” apps springing up… Now as you know, I don’t do Facebook and nor am I a techie virtual assistant, but I’ve had a few complaints about these so I set our techie team on a fact finding mission…
Couple of things they’ve flagged as being potential issues:
- Do *not* use large bulks of text or completely copy your website on the Facebook page, Google views this as “duplicate content” and having the Facebook app could actually damage your SEO.
- Ask whether or not you would have to set the app up in the developer platform for Facebook – doing this is tricky if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- The most important part of your Facebook page is the top section – don’t put banner images all the way across it – use juicy content to draw the users in!
- Check whether the sitebuilder will update their sizes as Facebook changes its policies or iframe sizes – the ones we’ve looked at so far don’t do this and your page will look awful any time these change – which they do, frequently!
- Are they billing in $$? If so, why? Ask your other VA friends if they would use the app or who they use to programme their social media profiles.
Using Facebook is a fantastic way to reach a huge number of people – in fact Lyndsey has even set up an SVA Facebook page – but having mass media impact means you need to be 100% sure about the tools you are using. Make sure you use this checklist!!!